Notice to Candidates Filing for Adair County Offices in the General Election
Primary Election Day: August 7, 2018
The 2018 primary will be held on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 (the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in August for even numbered years).
The filing period for candidates is from:
8:00 a.m. on February 27, 2018 and ends at 5:00 p.m. on March 27, 2018 (Section 115.349, RSMo.)
Established political parties in Missouri:
Democratic, Republican, Libertarian and Constitution
County Offices for 2018 Election
Associate Circuit Judge
Presiding County Commissioner
Collector of Revenue
Recorder of Deeds
Incumbents or challengers, who win at the August Primary, will then compete in the General Election on November 6, 2018.
When and Where to File:
Filing opens on February 27, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. and closes on March 27, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Candidate filing is held in the office of Sandy Collop, Adair County Clerk, on the 2nd floor of the Adair County Courthouse at 106 W. Washington in Kirksville, Missouri. (Section 115.349, RSMo.)
Candidates who file on the first day by 5:00 p.m. will select a number by random drawing. The random number drawn determines the candidate’s primary ballot placement. After the first day, candidates are placed on the ballot in the order of their filing. (Section 115.395, RSMo.)
Documents Needed for Filing: (Sections 115.357, 115.306, RSMo.)
- A $50 filing fee for political party
- Proof of Identity – Voter Identification card, Missouri driver’s license, birth certificate, or other form of certified identification.
- A copy of an affidavit (Form 5120) which has been filed with the Department of Revenue. A copy of the form may be found at http://dor.mo.gov/forms/5120.pdf and information about this requirement is available at http://dor.mo.gov/personal/candidates. (Section 115.306, RSMo.)
- For County Treasurer a signed affidavit from a surety company authorized to do business in the state indicating that the candidate meets the bond requirements. The Adair County Commission has set that bonding requirement for the County Treasurer at $3,000,000.00 for the School Bond and for the Treasurer’s Bond. 54.040(1,) RSMo.
- For Collector of Revenue a signed affidavit from a surety company authorized to do business in this state, indicating that the candidate meets the statutory bond requirements. The Adair County Commission has set the bonding requirement for the Collector of Revenue at $1,000,000.00. 52.010(3) RSMo.
Committeepersons: Declarations of candidacy may also be filed for the political offices of Township Committeemen and Committeewomen. These posts are elected at the Primary Election.
If you have any questions, you may contact Sandy Collop, Adair County Clerk/Election Authority at 660-665-3350