On January 24, 2018, the Adair County Commission and City of Kirksville Manager Mari Macomber held their quarterly meeting. Information was shared between City and County officials in matters that related to their governmental operations.
Pictured clockwise: Mark Thompson-2nd District Commissioner, Sandy Collop-Adair County Clerk, Mari Macomber-Kirksville City Manager, Bill King-1st District Commissioner.
Items of discussion Included:
- The new water source in Sullivan County
- Aquatic issues at Hazel Creek and Thousand Hills State Park
- 2017 tax monies generated by the Kraft Heinz Plant
- Plans for a Picker’s Market and square beautification
- The Property Assessment Clean Energy Act (PACE)
- Bills passed by the Missouri Senate
- The lawsuit involving the City of Kirksville and the Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System (LAGERS).
- Rural Volunteer Fire Departments might put an issue on the ballot next year