Check your voter registration record and update it if it has changed.
Next, check your polling place and make sure you have a valid ID to take with you.
Missouri Voter Identification Requirements
- Option 1: Provide one of the following photo ID documents:
- Missouri issued Driver license that is not expired
- Missouri issued Nondriver license that is not expired or does not have an expiration date
- U.S. Passport that is not expired
- Military ID that is not expired or does not have an expiration date
- Option 2: Provide the same ID you provided in previous elections. Some examples are:
- Voter Identification card issued by the Boone County Clerk
- Identification issued by the State of Missouri that has your current name
- Identification issued by the U.S. Government that contains your current name
- State college/university ID that contains your current name
- Utility bill that contains your current name and address
- Bank statement that contains your current name and address
- Government check that contains your current name and address
- Paycheck that contains your current name and address
- Government document that contains your current name and address
- Out of state driver license or nondriver license
- Expired Missouri driver license
- Expired Passport
- Birth Certificate with your current name
- Social Security Card that contains your current name
- Option 3: If you have no form of identification, but are a registered voter, you can cast a provisional ballot. There are two ways your vote counts:
- If you come back to your polling location before the close of polls on Election Day; or
- If your signature matches the signature on file on the voter registration record.
Voter ID Assistance
The Secretary of State will assist you getting a valid Missouri nondrivers license and cover the cost of any documents that are required to get the ID.
You can get this assistance at:
- Missouri Secretary of State’s Show It 2 Vote Online Help Request; or
- Call the Show It 2 Vote Hotline: (866) 868-3245; or
- Email ShowIt2Vote@sos.mo.gov
Read the sample ballot published in the newspaper before you go to vote. This way you will not be surprised by anything you see on the ballot when you enter the voting booth.
For more information call:
- Voter Registration Office (660) 665-3350